Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Harder than it sounds



....to stay present.

Checked the Court Hearing Status for Cor online.

I know what he did was bad.
I know that he would have some significant consequences.
I know these things....

Yet, I was not prepared to read....
.....yet another court hearing that will be his arraignment. 
Can't really say what it does to my heart.
I can't seem to stop the flood of tears since reading this. 

This is the thing...
He is still a baby. 
He shouldn't have to spend Thanksgiving in jail.  (I will venture to say he is in jail since 2 of his several charges are bail jumping.)
He shouldn't have to spend Christmas in jail.
Guilt and grief....full force.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm listening. I hear you. I see my two kids' futures too, and it breaks my heart, because there is nothing I can do to stop it. There is nothing you can do to help him, either... and I know, because you already tried it all! What helps me is to remember that this is our children's story, heartbreaking though it may be... it is not OUR story. (Do you get what I'm saying? Someday V will have to say, "I got expelled from school when I was 12.". But that's not me. My story is that I had a deeply troubled daughter who was unwilling and unable to accept help. Don't carry his story. Create yours. I love you, sister.

GB's Mom said...

I know. No matter what they do, they are still our babies.