Monday, May 28, 2012

When an Adoption Must Disrupt

When this post was orginally wrote a few years ago, I found great comfort in it.  It came at a time when I had received several comments and emails damning me for telling our story.  It isn't anyone else's story to tell.  It is mine and only mine.

There are many many things that never made it to this blog regarding our story.
And there are many many things that will never make it to this blog regarding our story.

When an Adoption Must Disrupt was wrote by Christine.

I hope the person who contacted me a few weeks ago regarding is able to find comfort and peace in whatever stage they may/may not be in. 

Our child will turn 18.  One month from today.  I've kept myself very very busy today.  Trying very hard not to think about.  Trying very hard not to grieve the loss.  It hasn't been very easy.  It has taken me several attempts of retreating to my bedroom/bathroom in order to compose myself.

There is absolutely NO way around making disruption easy. 

Ever. 

For anyone involved. 

Even though time passes, pain lessons, and children and families go on with their lives.....underneath all of the above lies grief and pain.

2 comments:

Barb G said...

(((hugs))) and prayers, my friend.

Just4me said...

I don't know if you're blog is still active but as I read it tonight for the 1st time it has given me a glimmer of hope & made me feel not so alone and much less of a monster. In the next two weeks my husband & I will be disrupting the adoption of our son who once home was diagnosed with RAD. We have two biological children & their lives and ours are in shambles. Any suggestions on books, support groups, etc. we seem to be in the minority! Thank you for your sharing your family's journey & your truth. For the moment I found someone who I can relate too