Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Challenges

This morning I saw this picture on the Livesay blog  (  http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/ ) .  For some reason it really struck a chord with me and seemed so fitting - for me, for specific family members, friends, ect ect....
 
How often have those who live near me, talk to me often, ect ect... heard me say "I knew this ____ would be hard...but I never knew how hard"  or for "how long"....
 
My morning kind of sums up 'how long, how bad, how frequent'.  I know that there is end insight.  Just like the Livesay's know that maybe tmw will be a better day.  As I left work this morning I truly had a defeated feeling that this is never going to get better.  What in the same hell have I got myself in to?  As I drove away from Metro - I saw a bus here and a bus there and the more city busses I saw the more I truly was able to remember the end is in sight...so much closer than I could have ever imagined.  
 
This picture holds true to so many situations in so many of our lives.  Things we knew would be tough.  But 2, 3, 4 years later we find ourselves thinking "wow...I didn't know...."
 
Anyway, that is my speil for the morning.  I'm off to take a nap...I hope! Before returning to work this afternoon.  Sometime in the next 30 min. I fully expect 3 little children (well they aren't that little anymore) to come barging in the door, full of life, full of noise, full of everything....and then my attempt to take a nap will end.  But, that is okay.
 
Because I knew having children would be a challenge. 

A CHALLENGE that I am soooo greatful I have been given the opportunity to have!!
 
Love, Gala 

No comments: