Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday Perspective

During a time of bailouts, pointing fingers, econmic trials that we are going threw today, I want to list some things that I'm thankful for.  Instead of all the negative things that are in my world, swirling in my head, my job, in everyday life, I would like to praise my Father in Heaven, because of who He is and what he has done.  It is so easy to point plame and shout from the trials and tribulations and question our faith. 
I need to bask in the undeniable security that I have a Father in Heaven, who loves me, who hears my prayers, and the steadfast knowledge that the circumstances have not and will not take Him by surprise. 

Today, I just want to be. 
Today, I just want to be mindful of the blessings that I have in my life. 
 
I am thankful for my children, and their precious (sometimes) smiling faces that greet me each and every evening upon my arrival home from work.
I am thankful for my husband who tries so diligently to keep our home in order.
I am most thankful for today.. another breath, another joyous moment, another day of life that I don't deserve.
I am thankful for my parents, and all of the support they bring to our family.
I am thankful for the frogs that I heard driving down the road this morning.  It was such a wonderful sound.
I am thankful that in the midst of chaos, if I allow him to, My Father in Heaven will hold my hand and my heart.
I am thankful that I have such wonderful and supportive friends, even though I sometimes drive them nuts and they do me.
I am thankful that I am alive and able to work.
I am thankful that for the experience we had to parent Corry.  For without that experience, I would  not have the heart and compassion I do today for children with special needs.
I am thankful for my Father in Heaven who never gives up on me, even when I have given up on myself (and Him).
I am thankful that I have the security of knowing that no matter what...my Father in Heaven will be there for me.

Take a moment to listen to this link:  What a Wonderful World

No comments: