Friday, May 2, 2008

He's Home...What Next

We had somewhat of a plan in place before C came back home. We lived in a small town. Small school and so forth.

Two weeks after C came back home I woke up on morning having contractions. I had already been told by my OB under no circumstances should I labor. I had a planned c-section for Aug. 12th and that was going to be that. We lived an hour away from the hospital I needed to go to.

Well, needless to say that was the start of a very long summer!! My labor was stopped and I was sent home to be on bedrest. Lovely...I have a 2 1/2 yr old and 7 1/2 yr old, I'm 30 weeks pg, my husband works and hour + plus away....and i'm on bedrest.

That didn't go over very well.

C honeymooned w/us for a very short time. Then was back to his "normal" self. I was somewhat shocked. My inlaws were so convincing that C was doing great with them. I called the school to get reports, IEP and speak to the principal and teachers. Hmmm...we had been lied to beyond belief. This child was not doing well at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We decided that we needed to start calling the cops every time he would rage or hurt someone . If we didn't then we were setting ourselves up for problems. We got him in w/a psychiatrist who didn't think I was the problem. (My mom worked with him and he was fully aware of our situation) We also had him in therapy. Not the same therapist as before. I think (my mind is playing games w/me...I can't remember 100%) we had a few appts with her. But because she was in Madison and we were an hour away - pregnant. It just wasn't good match for us.

We lived through the summer. Our baby was born as planned at the VERY FIRST prenatal visit and blessed us with his sweet presence via c-section on Aug. 12th. He did not have down syndrome. He was 100% healthy. (Ultra sound detected DS features as did labwork) Our prayers were answered!!!

School started 2-3 weeks later. WOW....did things go backwards fromt here. They were going backwards. But not until school started.

No comments: