Friday, October 31, 2008

More on Post from Wednesday...


Few days ago I posted about a situation I came across while working.  It was something that made my heart sink.  Really sink.  I can't even begin to describe the thoughts, feelings, ect. ect. that have ran through my head the last few days as I've thought about this situatioin.
 
I've been thinking that I recognize a child that rides my bus.  I have not been able to 'place' how I knew her.  For the last few weeks each day she gets on in the morning and I think "how do I know this young lady".  She happens to be one of the only nice, respectful, good, children who I pick up in the morning.  I decided last week one day that I must know her from church.  Then that didn't satisfy my thoughts.  Late last week I thought "Wow she looks like Cor".  Hmm....naaa!!!  Well on Mon/Tue this week I was determined that I 'knew' who this young lady was.  On Wednesday I decided that I would ask to see each childs school id.  This would give me this childs name. 

Sure enough.  I know who she is
 
This beautiful young lady is the bio sister to Corry.  When I saw A's name on that card I nearly fell off my seat.  Instant stomach in throat feeling.  Instant enterage (sp) of some very strong thoughts/feelings.  How could this be?  A isn't old enough.  Surely not old enough to be a middle schooler. 
 
Then...as I finished my am route w/the HS kids and did the math in my head....
 
I realized that yes indeed...A is old enough to be a 6th Grader. 
 
Wow...it was..it is...it will continue to be...alot to digest.
 
I will leave it at this.  Maybe in the day/weeks ahead I will elaborate more on what happened. 

I guess what it comes down to...
 
A very small world.  :o)

Doesn't matter how large of a city you are from....You can/will run into people you know.  I guess..it is best it was A and not his bm or bgrandparents...

No comments: