Saturday, July 4, 2009

The CALL

~~finally came!!

I am so incredible excited and scared all at once.

I recevied the call I've been waiting for for a VERY long time yesterday while my family and I were at Six Flags Great America...

"Gala, are you still interested in going full time?"

HECK YA???  Why would I turn it down?  S'rsly...why?

I have been to hell and back w/this job the last year.  I truly have lived threw a hazing of sorts.  I've weathered the storm, been found worthy to advance!

There is so much more I want/need to say about this.  However, I've been busy. 

What better way to celebrate this new job promotion (trust me it is HUGE for me) than to be at Great America w/my family.  We were just about to get on the 2nd ride of the day when my dh's cell phone rang.  When he handed me the phone I nearly died.  I stood in line, screaming like a maniac that I am after I got off.  My daughter and dh knew....  James just smiling from ear to ear.  My in shock. Trying not to cry. 

I know it will not be fun and games. I know that the training for full time is just as intense as it was for full time.  However, in the end - life will be so much nicer.  The financial stabilty that this will bring to our family is enormous.  The health insurance...omgosh..the health insurance!!  100% PAID coverage after a $37.50 premium PER month!!  Currently, we have state health insurance. It is governered by how much $ my family makes. If I make to much I looose it or have a $150-200 copay.   State retirmenment and benies to the hill...

I'll write more later.  In the meantime, I am going to enjoy my family and last week home as a laid off part time employee for the City of M....  (I am working part time somewhere else since I was laid off a few weeks ago...)

:) Happy America Day

2 comments:

Reighnie said...

I am so happy for you I am almost crying. In the time I've been following your blog, I have never "heard" you truly happy or excited.

I LOVE when good things happen to friends. :-)

*hugs*

Molly said...

as SOON as I saw the title of this post I knew what it was about!!! I've rarely commented before but CONGRATS!