Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What are you trying to teach me, Lord?



There are times in everyone's lives that we find ourselves faced with the fact we have to be strong. For whatever reason it is the only choice we have. I know that each of the RAD mommy and daddy's reading this post will know exactly what I am saying. And I can only imagine that Non-RAD parents think the same thing. Just on a different level and intensity.

Often in my day to day life, more so when Cor was at home/psych hosp/RTC/treatment foster and then after our disruption....I would think...or rather YELL..."Lord, what is it that you are trying to teach me?" . I've cried till I haven't any tears, I've screamed till I haven't any voice left. And still I don't have any more answers today than I did 12 years ago when I started walking down this path.

The last week or so (or more) has been a big "being stong is the only choice I have".
The last week or so (or more) has been a big "what are you trying to teach me, Lord?"

1 comment:

Diana said...

Perhaps he's trying to teach you that He hasn't forgotten you and you don't have to do it on your own.

Matthew 11:28-30. I dare you to look it up! :-)