Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It did my heart some good...

...........to have a nice, long talk w/someone who 'gets it'.


She does so on a level that she is currently living w/her child who not only has significant health issues but also the other gament of attachment disorder stuff.


Even though it was mainly about the upcoming weekend and the issues at hand w/her child. It was comforting to know that on many levels she understands. She knows. She is currently living it.


There is good in this relationship. I've taken a hit from some well meaning people that doiong respite for this little girl might not be in my best interest. Interestingly enough...in a odd kind of way it is theraputic.

Here's a (((HUG))) for this special mom!! And a great big THANK YOU for listening to my rants at the same time!!



2 comments:

Lauri said...

I wanted to let you know that I get it. I was reading your blog and came across your post about not crying on the first day of kindergarten...


that hit home... preschool is my only respite..... not many people understand what it is like.. thank you for being so candid

Brenda said...

I'm so glad you found someone to talk too. It has to be awful to hold it inside. YOU are a special mom too. I understand you are missing him. You will get through this.