Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wordless Wednesday




only...I'm going to add some words. :)



On Sunday evening when we got out some of the holiday decorations when I came across one of Corry's stockings it was a real smack in the face. More than I was really prepared for at that moment. Isn't this what happens with situations like this?? I think so...hits you when you least expect it!!

On Monday night the kids were adament that we decorate our tree. I had every intention on doing it after I came home from work. I actually, was hoping to get the stuff out during the day and then work on stuff that evening. Instead - life has got in the way. SO far the onlly thing that has made it way up stairs out of storage is the tree, its decorations, a tall wooden snowman and the stockings.

Anyway, Bry and Ab were really wanting to decorate the tree. We have a 'lil' tradition. Only this year mom was stressed. Mom was crabby. Mom was really struggling. Daddy put the ribbon on. Mommy untangled the beads (they were new from a few years ago...) and Ab helped daddy put up some bows. Then the kids did the decorations. It wasn't a very 'peaceful' portion of our day. I wasn't the most pleasant person. I was annoyed at how rowdy, over stimulated from being at school all dday 6 yr old was...and I snapped. I told him that if I had to yell, scold, ect anymore that I would drop what was in my hand, pick up my coat and keys and leave. I meant every single word of it. It just was marred by something that is sooo incredible hard to accept this time of year....


That "something" shows to me in the picture above....


My children know how important it was to me to get a good picture. My daughter, bless her sweet little heart....she did so well. She tried so hard. She was such a pretty, posing, smiling young lady and it shows in her picture. She REALLY knew that mom's heart needed for her to be cooperative.


Even though I look at this picture and think that something/someone is missing....


I see 2 beautiful, full of life, young people. Whom I love dearly love. I find myself wordless many different times when I look at these 2...






No comments: