Sunday, April 13, 2008

Baby Sister is Born...

June 27, 1999 our little baby tried to enter this world. Seven weeks and 1 day early. Thankfully, due to modern medicine our baby was not aloud to enter the world earlier. We would have to wait another 7 weeks and 2 days to find out if our baby was a boy or girl.

Our baby didn't get to share a birthday w/mommy - who was born on June 27th.
Our baby didn't get to share a birthday w/big brother - C who was born on June 28th.

Due the preterm labor - I was on bedrest most of the next 4 weeks.

On August 11, 1999 -- the day C clearly had been waiting for. He stood outside the operating room w/Grandma waiting to find out "It's A Girl" He was so excited.

For the first time in his life...he connected...he bonded...he loved his baby sister more than anyone else in his life!!

The next few days were filled with so much joy and grief. For the first time in my life I was able to know what a true bond w/your child was. I felt so much grief and remorse that I didn't have that with C. I was filled with rage and anger at his birth mother for hurting him. I was really angry and mourned that loss my little boy never had w/his birth mom and had not hd with me.

There were so many little things that he would say. When he would be visiting me in the hospital the nurse was doing something to MsA and she began to cry. He got very protective and said "Don't you hurt my baby!!!".

It became very clear, very early that no one would be aloud to look at, touch, hurt, or anything to baby sister Ms.A with out talking to her big brother!!!

C.Protected.His.Baby.Sister.

No comments: