Saturday, April 12, 2008

Who Am I - Who are We?

I decided to post a bit of a different post today. It is a "biography" or "story" of who I am...my family today... Give you a short "idea" so to speak of where we are at in our lives "today". I might "bump" repost this as I go threw this journey - 9 yrs is a lot to 'write' about. And even thoug in the last week I've wrote approx. a years worth..doesn't' mean that I will do that rest that fast. Or maybe I will. I don't know.

So for today this is what I decided to write about....

My dh and I have been married for 14 years. Some longer than others. Some shorter than others. But, 14 yrs non the less! There have been many trials and tribulations during the last 14 yrs.

We have had our lives blessed with 3 children. Nine and half years ago we were very blessed w/our first child - C (whom this blog is about) via adoption. He was 4 yrs old when he came to live with us.

One year later on a hot day in August our first biologicial child was born. A is now 8 1/2 yrs old. She is such a beautiful, gentle young lady. There is not a week that goes by that someone, somewhere doesn't say to me "She is such a beautiful little girl. She has such a beautiful spirit about her". She truly is a very gentle (not w/her brother and kind hearted young lady. She loves animals and I can definately see her becoming a vet some day.

Three years and 1 day after A entered this world we welcomed our 3rd child, 2nd biological child - MrB. Mr.B is now 5 1/2 yrs old. He is an extreme character by every ounce of the book. He is a comedian. He knows what to say, when to say it and often just says what is on his mind. He is a lot like his mom is many different ways. He just tells it like it is. (IE: today I was looking for a pair of pants. The size I had was to small. He says to me in the dressing room...well, i just guess you will need to get a smaller butt...cuz right now your's is just a bit to big." lovely, huh?

My husband hurt his back 5 yrs ago next month and has been on disability ever sence. He has had 2 back surgeries, gastric bypass and 2 different surgeries to remove kidney stones in that time period. He is currently going to school and will graduate in December. (We will not discuss the schooling anymore than just saying....he is a student.)

We have 2 cats. One who has recently taken upon himself to puke...nearly every day. We changed their food to wet vs hard and that has helped some. However, not enough. The same cat also craps outside the liter box every single day. This same cat is the cat that I've said several times in the last 4 yrs since my daughter got him "If we have to get rid of Sami - then we will have to get ride of Abi..." Today she informed me that if I wanted to get another dog than we would have to get rid of the cats and she was oka with that. LOLOLOL...Anyone want a cat? or two?

We have a 1 yr old Pug...Max. Check my other blog for pics of this silly guy.

And my daughter also has a hamster.

I work as an administrative assistant/receptionist for a Children's Occupational, Speech/Language and Physcial Therapy clinic. This clinic treats children with mild sensory to severe autism to chidlren w/feeding difficulties. It is a new job for me and I have loved every day of th elast month that I've been there. I hope and pray that it continues to be that way.

Our family is LDS. Although, we are currently inactive. There are some "deep" issues surrounding why. In my heart I think about going back to church every single day. I've just not been able to do it. I feel strongly that "I" need a RS and/or Bishop that truly understand where we've been and what we've been threw in regards to our adoption and disruption of C. I have a ton of anger, resentment and just plain...everything with the LDS SS social worker that placed Cor into our home and how things were handled. I realize that 1 person/agency does not reflect on what the church is as a hole. However, this hole experience has altered who I am so much.

So that is us in a bito f a nutshell.

I'm off to go potty, shower and get ready to go to a concert w/my dh in Illinois about an hour or so away. I won tickets to see Bucky Covington, Luke Bryan and Derks Bently...yeah for me.. :

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thank you SO much for sharing this, and for your blog. I am very glad that I found your two blogs!

I am also LDS, and am pretty much inactive now (have been for the last five months) too. I have had a lot to deal with, mainly with my depression and our foster adoption, and I haven't felt like going to church (quite honestly). I've struggled with my attendance all of my life, but especially through the times of infertility, adoption, and now being a foster adopt mom.

I would like to chat with you, via e-mail, if that's ok. You can go to my blog and leave a comment (I won't post your comment with the email address), if you like. Or I can give you my email. Don't feel pressured though. It's just a thought.

(((HUGS)))