Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Family

There are many varying degrees of children with R.A.D. In our home we were dealing child with severe R.A.D.


There were so many people in our lives that did not 'get it'. They truly didn't get it. I remember very vividly my mom...my aunts...my family/friends not believing me when I would call them and tell them what was going on.

In an odd way my family was supportive. And even till the end they were supportive. James' brother Jwas very helpful and did respite for us from time to time. Thankfully, we had him. With out him we would have struggled even more. Justin = got it. He saw the destruction.
My mom got it but she didn't. It took a drastic measure before my family/mom really got it.

James' parents lived in New York. My MIL came and visited once and was able to see what life was like. It wasn't as bad as it could have been. But it was tough. My inlaws took C back NY w/them for a week or so during the summer of 2000. Deep down and looking back I know that they didn't really get it. They didn't believe us.

No comments: